Monday, February 2, 2009

6, 12, 18, 24

6, 12, 18...

Going up the creaky steps, I'm looking for clues, flashlight in hand.

It's corny. Midway up the stairs, my mind jumps to the fantasy puzzle game I've been playing with the kids on the computer these days...a sequel to Myst.

I read a guided walk-through out loud so Sunny and Georgia can follow along and click for themselves.

Turn around and notice that the linking book is lying on the ground. Turn to the left a little and go forward three times. Zoom in on the hatch of the vessel. Enter the code. Click on the amulet. Zoom out. Turn around and go forward one time. Turn to the right and enter the Memory Chamber...

Really, I'm just looking for that box of neck-ties I have somewhere in this attic. Tammy wants to wear a tie (he's in my memory...) for the video.The attic yields some other junk that might come in handy as props.

What is this red lens thing anyway? I borrowed the precious heavy debris from a serious collector. Stuff I don't want to throw away. For some reason.

I'm taking some stuff back downstairs with me. Collect the parts to assemble this enigma machine.

The video itself is the puzzle this time. What is the shape of the message? It's all hush hush. This is Instant Video #18 - and 18 is one of the numbers mentioned in the song: 6, 12, 18, 24, right? But how exactly do these dots connect?

Turn around and go forward six times...



Memory
by Tammy Lin Foreman

six doors
away from me
lies a sleeping messiah
i can hear him breathe
it's long and low
deep and slow

he's in my memory
he's in my memory

twelve stories
above my head
there's a spot
in the sky
i want to meet
there instead
tell him to rise
from his holy bed

he's in my memory
he's in my memory


eighteen wheels
and all of them squeak
it's been driving me mad
the whole damn week
i drown the sound
whenever i speak
about his memory

he's in my memory

there's 24 hrs. in a day
you'd think all of that time
once i could say
there's a part in my heart
that will always stay

he's in my memory
he's in my memory

six...twelve
eighteen...twenty-four

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael "El Chingón" said...

My favourite yet

February 2, 2009 at 8:34 PM  
Blogger GeoD said...

I think mine too...

Damn you guys - you inspire me even when you aren't around - now I gotta go do something creative... thanks a lot... ;)

Once again - a trippy treat.

P.S. Lester - don't throw out that red lens...

February 2, 2009 at 9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home