Sunday, January 11, 2009

Desperately Seeking Susan

Tammy works at the restaurant a lot these days. Time at home with the kids is a blur. Sunny has chicken pox. Georgia is 5 years old! Plus, we're all still recovering from the holidays. We just need to get into a new routine.

Maybe the Instant Videos will help. They help mark the time. Since the new year I've started to look back and see how far we've come. Try to figure out where I can improve.

We're already at Number 15. I can't even believe it. Just the other day, I made a nice compilation of the Instant Videos on DVD that can be set to play all the tracks or individual and random play... Watching them all in one sitting I realize that this can be Tammy's new "album." Just as is. A DVD album.

It feels like The Gravity Song ended Season One. Fourteen episodes. A brand new one every week. I feel exhausted just thinking about it. I just really want to serve Tammy's amazing talent as a singer/songwriter and performer.

Part of the fun is trying to figure out how to make an Instant Video within our busy lives every week...while on vacation (My Waves) or when Tammy has a bad cold (Choke) or how to put the heart in the video every week for those playing our own I Spy a Heart game. After two seasons of this, I'm thinking I'm gonna want to have a little break.

Or will I? Maybe I won't want to stop. Maybe I'll want to push myself through that Wall. That blogger's Wall. And break on through to the other side.



Make Believe
by Tammy Lin Foreman

I got to tell you somethin'
while my heart is thumpin'
while this music's pumpin'
while this joint is jumpin'
Coz if you knew what I knew
Then you would say it's true
Make believe with me
Make believe with me
It's an illusion that I'm choosin'
Desperately seeking Susan
Make believe with me
Make believe with me

If I tell you how I feel
Will you understand?
If I tell you what is real?
Will you hold my hand?
Coz if you knew what I knew
Then you would say it's true
Make believe with me
Make believe with me
It's an illusion that I'm choosin'
Desperately seeking Susan
Make believe with me
Make believe with me

Every time I talk to you
My heart believes it's true
And then you believe it too

Is there glory in the story?
Is there happiness in the end?
Coz other stories they were sorrys
and they left my heart to defend

I got to tell you somethin'
I got to tell you somethin'
Make believe, make believe
Got something up my sleeve
It's an illusion that I'm choosin'
Is there glory in the story?
Is there happiness in the end?

I got to tell you somethin'

Tammy gets home late from work again tonight. Pressure's on. The video has to be shot tonight.

The regular headphones won't work with the black touque on my head. I need ear buds or something, says Tammy.

I'll run upstairs to get them, I say.

Georgia startles me. She's sitting at the top of the stairs. It's 1 o'clock in the morning. Apparently, all the commotion woke her up. Can I come downstairs and watch? She says.

Of course you can! As long as you're quiet.

Can I take some pictures too?

Haha. Sure.

[Photos: Georgia May]

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger WEBmadman said...

Georgia did the photos? Wow, that's cool!
Love the extra heart in this one- 3 that I count- did I miss any?

January 11, 2009 at 2:05 PM  
Blogger Lester Alfonso said...

Yes! There are three hearts in all. That last one at the very end was an unexpected discovery during the edit... I just had to put it in!

January 11, 2009 at 4:30 PM  
Blogger GeoD said...

Loved this! Great tune and cool video. I love the use of the multi-track - both the audio and the video (so to speak) and was then expecting the clapping to be out at the side like the shadow puppet was while Tammy sang on... But hey, maybe if this was a 48 hour project right?

Great job again.
G.

January 21, 2009 at 8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home