Friday, November 7, 2008

Outside / Inside

I get the camera back from the Service Centre in Whitby. I shell out $79. The clerk tells me I can't play my old tapes in the camera anymore. I have to start from scratch. I ask the clerk if they sell the videotapes. No. For that, you have to go to Oshawa at the Sony Store. Oh, wait a minute... I think I've got one lying around.

The clerk pulls a drawer and says "Here's one you can just have..." and pulls out a brand new tape. Nice! Thanks so much.

A barcode is stickered to the soft styro shell. I unwrap the camera and turn it on. It makes a ding ding sound. Hmm, the sounds are back on. LCD says CLOCK SET. It's been restored to its factory settings. It is like starting from scratch.

I hit the Picture Effect button on the camera and it turns the picture black and white. I don't want to shoot the video in colour and make it black and white in the editing. I don't want to have a choice. I'll shoot in black and white; I'm ready to commit now. That's it. Black and white is like starting from scratch.

It's so nice out. Such a warm day in November. We have to shoot the video outside. Okay. Leave the gear plugged into the wall. Let's snake the cords out the window. Let's film it in the "backyard." Wear headphones. We don't want to attract too much attention.

There's construction going on at the bridge. The neighbours are getting their windows replaced. It's nice out so everybody is taking advantage of it.



Sweet + Sour
by Tammy Lin Foreman

Sweet + Sour
Changes by the hour
And I can never tell
Will it be heaven or hell

Sweet + Sour
I'm under the power
of the ebb and tide
outside / inside
Sweet + Sour

I need a steadfast way
Coz I hear what they say
And my heart it soars
or it's on all fours

It seems it's always been
Either thick or thin
Either black or white
Day or night
Black or white
Day or night...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home