Sunday, December 27, 2009

Not for the Holidays

For the Christmas upload, we decide to shoot on Tammy's birthday. It's only minutes before her birthday party is supposed to start. This is a first. Being a Christmas Baby, it's usually more difficult to get people together on her actual birthday because of family stuff around this time.

I can only do one more take, says Tammy, I think people are going to start arriving soon. Okay. Ready? Yeah. It would be great to upload #38 on her 38th birthday. It's a reworking of Lullaby for G.

In a split-second, I hit the wrong button on the camera and the image becomes inverted. It's in "negative" mode. Tammy keeps singing. I don't stop her. This sounds like a good take. Maybe this can work. Just maybe.

I think someone's at the door. So this is it. It can't be. I hit the wrong button! Can I stand to publish this? It's so...ugly. On the other hand, it could just be the "ugly one." Could I stand to let this go?

If the concept was really all about the "negative effect" then, by the end, it would have to evolve somehow. At this point, there's not enough here to sustain an audience. I can't do it. Maybe some other time. But not now. Not for the holidays.

I realize suddenly that I have a limit to the amount I can let the elements in an Instant Video devolve to its default position.

We'll have to think of another way to shoot this. Sometime after the party. After recovering from a possible hang-over. We'll have to re-shoot.



This Light
by Tammy Lin Foreman

This light of mine
Gonna let it shine
Gonna let it shine
This light of mine
Makes no difference
What they say
I'm gonna be happy
Come what may
Have you ever
felt that way?

Have you ever
felt that way?

Won't hide, no
Gonna let it show
Gonna let it glow

Makes no difference
What they say
I'm gonna be happy
Come what may
Have you ever
felt that way?

Oh, this light that shines in me
Shine your light for all eternity
and in my darkest hour
Shine so bright with all your power

Makes no difference
What they say
I'm gonna be happy
Come what may
Have you ever
felt that way?

Have you ever
felt that way?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home