Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Wake and Bake

infinite regress n. 1. (Philosophy, Logic) A causal relationship transmitted through an indefinite number of terms in a series, with no term that begins the causal chain.

Yeah. Let's have a big potluck. We can celebrate the 50th Instant Video. It'll be the half-way mark. Tegan blurts: Half-way mark? You're only making a hundred? Why not a thousand?!

I stop, smile. Start to think about making the commitment to make a thousand Instant Videos. Yeah. If I've got nothing better to do, why not?

The concept reminds me of fractals, reminds me of an episode of Nova on Mandelbrot or maybe it was an episode of Lost.... What would happen if the Instant Video began to eat itself?

Could I possibly tell the story of the Instant Video as the video gets captured, edited and uploaded to YouTube within the construct of an Instant Video itself. That's ambitious. Perhaps as ambitious as a live Instant Video show... THERE! As soon as you think it, it begins to exist.

And behold, the live Instant Video show is born and premieres next month! (No joke.)

Where else? The Arlington Hotel in Maynooth, Ontario on Friday, April 16, 2010 with the inimitable Sarah Mangle and Rae Spoon. Wow. It's going to be a rare preview of a the Instant Video (live) show. Live camera feeds and video loops to recreate the videos on stage. The same thing only different. Live/playback. BTW, what is your techno-bondage?

The "Instant Video" audio CDs are also going to be available soon...with already 3 CDs worth of material. The songs perform really well as audio pieces actually. It's a new incarnation for the Instant Videos and you must really listen for yourself to believe it. Will keep you posted an let you know as soon as they come out of the oven.



Cake
by Tammy Lin Foreman

Stirring
it's so hard
lather sweat + pour
mixing heart + brain
hands drop to the floor
but I won't give up this time

- sugar baby bake
as slow as you can
I'll wait for this cake.

Coz I was never satisfied
with the fast fix: swallowed pride
no heart just hands of some one-man-band
crashing in my night
it sometimes quells the cravings
but it don't shed any light.

It's a raw deal
hard to chew
when your half-baked hero
comes back on you
face to face with the awful taste
this time I know what I need
I'll graze with grace.

Charlie you know I need to take it slow
trust is a must when you're looking for light
this takes time so I'm stirring I'm stirring
I'm gonna get it right
won't give up this time sugar baby bake
as slow as you can I'll wait for this cake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home