Friday, November 21, 2008

This Town



I'm blank. I'm walking through the aisles at Future Shop as if in a dream. I got the 4-Pack of Fuji MiniDV tapes. $32. I see the Starbucks drive thru and think I really need an espresso right now. I turn into the plaza but decide not to do it and head straight back home.



Tammy is waiting. Rehearsing, presumably. But I'm blank. Like a dead battery needing a jumpstart. I'm blank like these blank video tapes. A double short americano would be good. Could be just the thing.

I get home and the light is perfect. And no, I don't have to worry about the heart.



I point the camera.

Choke
by Tammy Lin Foreman

Something's burning in this town
I'll put on my orange gown
You can wear your favourite sweater
Bring your dog and we can pet her
Meet our hands upon her back
As we watch the flames fade into black
We think we're so civilized
But what would we do without the disguise
Of bricks and steel and glass and clothes
The Kingdom comes and the Kingdom goes
But the heart it remains
And the truth
it upholds
This Town.
Oh this town
Is wearing a crown of
smokestacks all spewing smoke
and the smog is so thick
It's making me choke.
(cough)

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael "El Chingón" said...

I love this one a lot.
I miss you all...
Yod

November 21, 2008 at 9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home